Sunday, September 12, 2010

My First Love


I have finally done a scrap page for my album.  I haven't done one in a very long time, I think I've only done 3 in the last year.  The urge hit me last night, so I grabbed my PageMaps book and chose a layout and here's what I came up with - very bright, but loved doing it.  I started scrappin' about 10 years ago and had to scrap just about every picture, then I went to scrappin' only the really great "moments", then I got into cards with a friend who was a Stampin' Up demonstrator at the time, got hooked on that, 4 years later became a demonstrator myself.   With little kids time seemed to get away from me and cards are so much faster than a page layout, that all I seemed to do was cards.  I really do miss scrapbooking and as I finished up the page today, my oldest two children were with me in my craft room looking at my last three albums.  They loved recalling the moments in the pictures and I enjoyed reliving those moments with them - that's what it's all about, the very reason I started scrapbooking in the first place.  So without putting a whole bunch of pressure on myself to get caught up on all those pictures on my computer and in boxes, I will start again and continue to share those memories because memories are those moments that make us who we are.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment