Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Decor Elements

Well, we made it - back to school!!  It was wonderful this morning to have my cup of tea in absolute silence!!  It was also wonderful to have my children home for the summer, we spent lots of time together, not really doing alot but always together.  I felt a pang of "mother's guilt" when I thought I should have done more with them, but I also think it was an important lesson to learn - that we don't always need to be going somewhere or doing something, learning to play with your sibling and using your own imagination and just spending quiet time at home.  Now we are ready to jump back into the crazy schedule of fall.

Anyways, here is a quick little home decor item I whipped together this afternoon. It is made with a dollar store frame, the new Holly Jolly DSP from Stampin' Up and a Decor Element, add a little ribbon and a couple of bells and PRESTO - you have a great seasonal decor item or gift.   My sister inspired it as she made a really cute one first (check out her blog at http://www.sweetsevenstamps.blogspot.com/).  We are always taking pictures of what we make and emailing them back and forth - she seems to have alot more creativity than I do these days, so she inspires me with an idea and then I make my version of it. 

I'm off to finish setting up for my stamp club tonite - have a wonderful day

No comments:

Post a Comment