Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Favorite Swaps from Regionals


Hello peeps!  So I am back from the Regional Conference in Vancouver and am overwhelmed and inspired.  It was alot of fun to be with a whole bunch of girls who are crazy about stampin' - we get giddy over the littlest things!  I thought I'd share some of the swaps I received.  A swap is card trading basically.  I made 36 card fronts and traded other demonstrators for what they made, so I came home with 36 new ideas!  This card here is my most favorite of all the ones I received.  It is made by another local demo, Sandra Kroeck and I absolutely love it.  She travelled with me from here and we peeked at swaps in the vehicle while waiting for the ferry and I wanted to swap right there, I wasn't waiting for the next day, I didn't want to miss out - so thank you Sandra!  She used the Bliss stamp (free Sale A Bration set) with More Mustard and Basic Black.  I am going to be using this idea for my club tonite, she did such a beautiful job, I couldn't help wanting to make it myself.




Here is another local demonstrator's talent, Judy Cadorette.  She has used the Nature Walk stamp set, which was given to us for FREE at the regional - what a great company Stampin' Up is!!  It's hard to tell in the picture, but she has made the bird almost look like velvet - a beautiful card - thanks Judy!
 This one was "sew" cute!  I really loved the button embosslit that she used to make all those button and the colors really caught my eye.  She didn't leave me any info except that her name is Gail - so thanks for the cute card Gail.
This one is from my upline, Lisa Gray, who is also local.  The stamp set is Always, again hard to tell in the pic, but she has some shimmer paint over top of the bird and it's so suttle and sparkly at the same time, it's verry pretty.  I loved her color choices as well.

And this one really caught my eye because of it's simple design and butterflies - really lovin' butterflies right now.   I saw this one in her bag of goodies from across a couple of tables and I had to run over to her and get it - swapping really is so much fun.  It reminds me of sticker trading when I was in school. This is from Sandra Farrell and she has a blog you can check out at http://www.stamperontheshore.blogspot.com/.


So it was a great day, tons of stampin', great demonstrations by Stampin' Up employees as well as other demos, free stamps being given away 4 times during the day, cupcakes for snack break - just such a great event.  I will have to get the pictures from my sister and post the one of us with the Stampin' Up  Co-founder and CEO, Shelli Gardner.

Long post, I know, so I'm off now to finish setting up for my workshop tonite!

No comments:

Post a Comment