Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Here is a Valentine from the Greeting Card Kids set (Stampin' Up).  I have paper pieced her little dress and tried to get a close up for you.  The colors are Poppy Parade (cardstock and DSP) and Basic Black.  Sometimes when I find that a card is looking a little blah, an extra thin mat of black makes it all pop.  I have also used the embossing folder the make the polka dots and don't know exactly what the technique is called, but I used an extra piece of cardstock with an oval cut out of the center in order to leave the blank in the middle.  Polka dots are my fave - just love 'em!  This card is a contender for my upcoming Chics 'n' Chocolate night on Feb 22.  I will, of course, modify it to be something other than Valentines Day.  My youngest napped a little longer today so I actually got to play in my workshop.  I may just take a picture to show you the huge mess I created!  I am not a neat and tidy crafter, we'll see if I'm brave enough to share my messy side!

If you live in the area and would like to attend my Chics 'n' Chocolate night, leave a comment with your contact info or email me at brian.sheila@shaw.ca.  We will be making 3 cards ($12) and it is also a mystery hostess, so that means you could be the lucky winner and go home with some free goodies.

Check back tomorrow for some more of today's creation.....ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment