Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally.....a post!


Finally, I have made a couple of cards, just for fun.  I know it has been a long time, I apologize....life just gets in the way of stampin' sometimes.  Anyways, I managed to get a few done, so there should be a few days of posts coming.  Whenever life is hectic and there is just too much to do,  spending some time in my workshop creating something always rejuventates me

My son informed/reminded me of a birthday party he was invited to that is today!  It is for a little girl in his class, so off I ran to my stamp room after school drop off and the first nap of the day.  My inspiration for the colors and pattern for this card was a set of my daughter's sheets.  They are white with the pink and green polka dots and well, as mentioned in an earlier post - I happen to love polka dots.  They can always get some creativity flowing for me.  A cupcake stamp (Crazy for Cupcakes), some rhinestones and a little smooch and presto - one little girl birthday card.

The next one is also a birthday card - a big girl birthday card.  Early Espresso and Very Vanilla, Define Your Life stamps, some ribbon and pearls and it was done.  I am loving my scallop circle die with the co-ordinating circle die.  I love how quickly this one came together, I find if I spend too much time worrying about the layout or embellishments I can get frustrated, so usually it's my first attempt that I end up liking best

Check back tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment