Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mini Album




Happy Saturday everyone.  Today I have posted some pictures of the mini album I made with a couple of my clubs for National Scrapbooking month.  This was an easy peasy little album to make.  The colors are Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake.  I cut the front and back with the Scallop Square and then ran it through the vintage wallpaper folder - if you don't have the BigShot yet you really need it (LOL!).  I am in love with mine and use it on just about every project.  After the embossing folder, I used my sponge and rubbed champagne shimmer paint all over the front.  The inside accordian is just 2 pieces of 4X12 cardstock, scored every 4 inches.  You need to fold them back and forth and then attach the ends together to form the long piece.  You could add another piece as well if you wanted a bigger album.  Then I just embellished it with co-ordinating products - buttons, flowers, vintage tags.  I find that when putting an album together you need to choose your "theme" and stick with that, by that I mean going with the same colors, it looked a little vintage, so I used a vintage tag.  It will keep you album looking cohesive and not all mixed up.  I even printed my pictures in a sepia tone so they would not clash with each other.  So I hope you feel inspired to try it out - maybe you have a little extra time this afternoon....you could put one together and enjoy some creative time!

No comments:

Post a Comment